Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weizen tasting this Saturday

My good mate Scott gave me his Weber kettle BBQ the other day, gratis. I thought the least I could do was get him round for a BBQ, and some beers.

So this Saturday is a wheat & smoked meat day, in a Bavarian way.  We'll have a taste-off of popular hefeweizen, from Germany & Australia. Here's the range:

New " Hefeweizen Street " Drink / Drunk / Drunkard Street Sign Drinks

Astute observers will note that one of these beers is not in fact hefeweizen. Which one ?

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit late to the party but SchneiderWeisse Aventinus is the odd bottle out. Its a Wheat Eisbock not a hefe. However its delicious and deserves a place at any weizen tasting, just because.

    ReplyDelete

australianplanet.com
Aussie Beer Blog is in

Aussie Beer Blog

Aussie Beer Blog