Thursday, June 24, 2010

Oz and James Drink to Britain

The 1st edition of this new series ran on SBS last night. I missed it.... but caught up on YouTube (in three parts). A great watch; these two guys can manage the difficult feat of providing good, interesting information, allthewhile demystifying the subject and taking the piss out of each other.

(edit: as I sit and watch the 2nd episode, I realise that when I wrote this post, I was actually watching the 3rd episode, not the 1st.....Not my fault, honestly....)

This episode (edit: the 3rd episode) focused on Scotland, so beer and whisky were the foci. They landed in Islay to try some Bruichladdich at the distillery. James's eloquent epiphany over the X4 distilled cask whisky is a must-see.

They profiled two Scottish breweries, and thankfully both young & innovative operations: BrewDog and Williams Bros.

Sitting on a park bench, quaffing BrewDog's Punk IPA and Trashy Blonde, out of paper bags, was hilarious, although they probably missed on some key points such as appearance and aroma. I tasted and enjoyed the IPA earlier this year; my review will be posted shortly.

At Williams Bros, they sat in a heather field with brothers Bruce and Scott, and tried (I think) the Fraoch Heather Ale, and the Roisin Tayberry Ale, a cross of raspberry & blackberry, according to website.

A good watch, and a good laugh.  Wednesday evenings on SBS, else YouTube whenever you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

australianplanet.com
Aussie Beer Blog is in

Aussie Beer Blog

Aussie Beer Blog